If you have both Medicare and Medicaid you may be eligible for extra benefits and services with a Medicare Advantage (Part C) HMO D-SNP plan.
What is a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP)?
A Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) is a specific Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan designed for individuals who are dually eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. D-SNP provides a convenient way to manage health care coverage and offers extra benefits and more services than the standard coverage in Medicaid and Original Medicare (Parts A & B).
A good candidate for a D-SNP meets the eligibility requirements for both Medicare and Medicaid. Those over 65 who are not on Medicaid but receive Extra Help or state assistance are also good D-SNP candidates.
What are some distinct advantages of a DSNP plan?
- Rides to health care visits and the pharmacy.
- Credits to buy hundreds of health-related products.
- Dental care, plus credit for restorative work.
- Eye exams, plus credit for eyewear.
- Hearing exams, plus credit for hearing devices.
Email Us For a Referral
For more information Psychologist Miami Read More